Ways to get support
- Phone support – just pick up the phone for a chat about any computer problem. Nick is always happy to talk and will recommend one of the following ways to resolve the problem. Cost: Normally FREE
- Remote support – this is the quickest and cheapest way to fix things. Nick will ask you to install a small program which allows remote access to a desktop computer of laptop, and then take a look. Most problems can be dealt with using this method. Cost: £25 per for up to one hour.
- Bronze support – a great option! As well as solving your current problem, NickWorks undertakes to deal with ALL your computer-related problems for a whole year. At any time you can ring for advice, get remote assistance, or (if things get really bad) bring the affected computer to the NickWorks workshop. Cost: £50 payable by direct debit.
- Computer MOT – a complete security check, malware removal and cleanup which results in a machine running faster and more safely. Normally done using remote support. Cost: £40 – discounts for multiple computers.
- Silver Service support contract – to keep your computer in tip-top condition, book a series of services spread over a year which at the same time give you a chance to ask any other IT-related questions. Cost: £12.50 per session, 6 or 12 times per year. Discounts for multiple computers.
- Workshop repair – for when your computer needs a full reinstall or a hardware repair, the NickWorks workshop is ready to do whatever is needed. To keep costs down, I would ask you to deliver and collect. Cost: Variable, normally not more than £40 plus parts.
- Serious laptop repair – if the screen is cracked, or the USB or charger ports are broken, I normally refer the repair to Inspiration Computers.