Rehearsals and Concert, Autumn 2021
Our next concert is on October 10th 2021 with rehearsals on September 19th and October 3rd – see below.
- Title The name of the Society will be Orchestra of Square Chapel
- Aims The aims of the Society will be the promotion, development and maintenance of public education in and appreciation of small-scale orchestral music by the presentation of public orchestral concerts and by other means that the Society may determine through its Committee.
- The Society will be managed by and its property will be vested in a Committee consisting of a Chair, Treasurer and Secretary and no fewer than three, no more than six other members of the Society.
- The Committee will be elected annually at the Annual General Meeting.
- A meeting of the Committee will be held at least twice a year and whenever necessary. Five will be a quorum.
- The Committee may co-opt a maximum of two additional members during the year.
- Application for membership will be made to the Committee. The terms of membership will be determined by the Committee and approved at a General Meeting.
- Members will pay an annual subscription at the beginning of each season of an amount approved at a General Meeting.
- Every member will have one vote.
- The Committee may for good reason terminate the membership of any member: provided that the individual concerned will have the right to be heard by the Committee, accompanied by a representative and given reasonable notice, before a final decision is made.
- The Society may receive donations, grants in aid or financial guarantees.
- b) The income and property of the Society, wherever from, will be applied solely towards promoting the Aims of the Society as described in this constitution and no portion of it will be paid or transferred either directly or indirectly to any member or members of the Society except in payment of legitimate expenses incurred on behalf of the Society.
- The funds of the Society, including all donations, contributions and bequests, will be paid into an account operated by the Committee in the name of the Society at such bank as the Committee will from time to time decide. All cheques drawn on the account must be signed by at least two members of the Committee.
- In the event of the dissolution of the Society, any remaining assets, after all liabilities have been discharged, will not be paid or transferred to any member or members of the Society, but will be transferred to institutions having similar aims to those of the Society.
- General Meetings
- An Annual General Meeting will be held each year to elect the committee for the coming year, to receive reports, approve the accounts, and for any other business.
- An Extraordinary General Meeting may be called at any time at the request either of the committee or of any ten members of the Society. At least one week’s notice of such a meeting will be given to members.
- Alterations to the Constitution and Dissolution
- Any proposed alterations to this constitution or motion to dissolve the Society must appear on the agenda of a General Meeting.
- Unless such a proposal is sponsored by the committee, a copy of the resolution must be sent to the Secretary at least 21 days before the date of the General Meeting. A two-thirds majority of members present and voting is required for the passing of such a resolution.
Orchestra of Square Chapel
Orchestra of Square Chapel is an organization whose mission is the promotion, development and maintenance of public education in and appreciation of small-scale orchestral music by the presentation of public orchestral concerts. In the pursuit of our mission we interact with members, supporters and other organizations. This interaction requires the storing and processing of personal data.
Information About Your Personal Data
“Personal Data” is information that can be used to identify you, directly or indirectly, alone or together with other information. This includes things such as your full name, email address, and phone number.
Orchestra of Square Chapel collects, uses, and processes Personal Data, as outlined in this Privacy Notice, to fulfil its core function and to provide services to our members as further described in this Privacy Notice.
Collection and Use of Personal Data
We collect your Personal Data in a number of ways, including:
- When you accept an offer to join as a member of the orchestra;
- When you act as a deputy for an orchestral player;
- When you are engaged as soloist or conductor by the orchestra;
- When you contract with the orchestra to provide services;
We use your Personal Data to communicate with you on various issues including concert and rehearsal details, orchestra operational matters, information on upcoming concerts or other events, and contract requirements.
How We Disclose Personal Data
We may disclose players’ Personal Data to the committee members as required for the operation of the orchestra.
Sharing Data with Third Parties
Orchestra of Square Chapel does not share personal data with any third parties, except where players’ contact details are requested by another similar organization and the player has given written permission for this use of their details.
Legal Basis for Processing
(This section addresses the legal basis for processing your data.)
Consent as a Basis for Processing
In some cases, we will ask for your consent to process your Personal Data. You may indicate your consent in a number of ways, including, as permitted by law, ticking a box (or equivalent action) to indicate your consent when providing us with your Personal Data in a form.
You may at any time withdraw your consent with future effect and without affecting the lawfulness of processing of your Personal Data based on the consent you provided before you withdrew it. To do so, please contact our committee at email@example.com, who will respond to any reasonable requests as quickly as possible.
Legitimate Interests as a Basis for Processing
For members of the orchestra, soloists, conductors and deputies, we hold and process your data based on the Legitimate Interests criteria. We use Personal Data to communicate with Orchestra of Square Chapel members and associates (i.e. extra players, soloists, conductors) about orchestra activities e.g. arranging rehearsals and concerts, and sharing of music. Since Orchestra of Square Chapel is a membership organisation which exists to enable its members to meet and perform music together, a ‘relevant and appropriate relationship’ exists between Orchestra of Square Chapel and its members and associates.
What if I want to check what information you hold on me?
Under the current law you have certain rights (for example the right to withdraw your consent so that we don’t keep your information any more, or to ask what information we have about you – all the rights are listed on the Information Commissioner’s Office website). Our Data Officer can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org and will respond to any reasonable requests as quickly as possible.
Photos and video
On some occasions we may take photos or video of the orchestra to support the legitimate interest of promoting our activities. Members will be advised when such photography/recording will take place and anyone with an objection to being featured should contact our secretary at email@example.com.
Security: How do I know you will keep my details safe and use them responsibly?
Orchestra of Square Chapel adheres to current European Data Protection laws. We will only use your details to contact you about Orchestra of Square Chapel. We will never contact you about anything unrelated to our activities, nor pass your details on to third parties.
We implement appropriate technical and organizational safeguards to protect against unauthorized or unlawful processing of Personal Data and against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to Personal Data. Please be advised, however, that we cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with the storage and transmission of Personal Data.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under 18 without parental consent. If you become aware that a child has provided us with Personal Data without parental consent, please contact us as outlined below. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Data without parental consent, we will take steps to remove the data.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about how we handle your Personal Data, then you may contact our secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond to any reasonable requests as quickly as possible.
We have now confirmed our rehearsal venue for the two rehearsals leading up to our October concert. We will be using St Johns Community Hall, St Johns Street, Rastrick, HD6 1HN. (https://www.stjohnsrastrick.org.uk/welcome)
- Sunday September 19th 2021 2pm-5pm rehearsal (St Johns Community Hall, Rastrick)
- Sunday October 3rd 2021 2pm-5pm rehearsal (St Johns Community Hall, Rastrick)
- Sunday October 10th 2021 7.30pm (plus rehearsal at Square Chapel 2pm-5pm)
Beethoven Prometheus Overture 2222 2200 timps Mozart: Symphony No. 31 2222 2200 str timps Schubert: Symphony No. 6 2222 2200 str timps
Please print out your own music (most people already have the Mozart and Schubert from our last rehearsal) from the members page on the orchestra’s website . The password is oosc.
Do email us if there is a problem with doing this.
Please download an display Poster Oct 2021.